The textbooks listed below are intended as recommended resources when preparing for examination. You may have previous or later editions of these or other references available that also present acceptable coverage of the subject matter. Any general text in cardiovascular techniques and evaluation, and cardiac patient care and management may be used. It is not necessary to use all of the texts identified. They are provided as suggestions only. CCI does not endorse or recommend any third-party review course or material.
1. Bergan, John J., and Cynthia K. Shortell. Venous ulcers. Amsterdam: Elsevier Academic Press, 2007.
2. Caggiati, A, Bergan, J., Gloviczki, P, et al. Nomenclature of the veins of the lower limb: Extensions, refinements, and clinical application, J of Vasc Surg 2005; 41: 719-24
3. Caggiati, A, Bergan, J., Gloviczki, P, et al. Nomenclature of the veins of the lower limb: An international interdisciplinary consensus statement, J of Vasc Surg 2002; 36: 416-22
4. Fronek, Helane. American College of Phlebology: Fundamentals of Phlebology Venous Disease for Clinicians Venous Disease for Clinicians, 2nd ed. London: Royal Society of Medicine Press, 2007.
5. Goldman, Mitchel P., John Bergan, and Jean-Jerome Guex. Sclerotherapy treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins, 5th ed. Edinburgh: Mosby, 2011.
6. Netter, Frank H., and Carlos A. G. Machado. Netter’s atlas of the human body, 4th ed. Hauppauge, N.Y.: Barron’s, 2006.
7. Ridgway, Donald P. Introduction to vascular scanning: a guide for the complete beginner, 3rd ed. Pasadena, Calif.: Davies, 2004.
8. Shadeck, Michael. Duplex and Phlebology. Idelson-Gnocchi Publishers, 1994.
9. Size, Gail P, Lozanski, Laurie, Russo, Troy. Inside Ultrasound’s Vascular Reference Guide, 1st ed. Inside Ultrasound, Inc., 2013.
10. Weiss, Robert A., Craig Feied, and Margaret A. Weiss. Vein diagnosis and treatment: a comprehensive approach. New York: McGraw-Hill, Health Professions Division, 2001.
11. Zwiebel, William J., and John S. Pellerito. Introduction to vascular ultrasonography, 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders, 2005.
12. Joseph Zygmunt; Olivier Pichot; Tracie Dauplaise. Practical Phlebology: Venous Ultrasound, 1st ed. CRC Press, 2013.