The textbooks listed below are intended as recommended resources when preparing for examination. You may have previous or later editions of these or other references available that also present acceptable coverage of the subject matter. Any general text in cardiovascular techniques and evaluation, and cardiac patient care and management may be used. It is not necessary to use all of the texts identified. They are provided as suggestions only. CCI does not endorse or recommend any third-party review course or material.
1. AbuRahma, Ali F., and John J. Bergan. Noninvasive vascular diagnosis a practical guide to therapy. 2nd ed. London: Springer, 2006.
2. Belanger, Ann. Vascular Anatomy and Physiology: An Introductory Text. 1st ed. Pasadena, CA: Davies Inc, 1990.
3. Daigle, Robert J.. Techniques in noninvasive vascular diagnosis: an encyclopedia of vascular testing. 3rd ed. Littleton, CO: Summer Pub., 2008.
4. Edelman, Sidney K.. Understanding ultrasound physics. 3rd ed. Woodlands, Tex.: ESP, 2005.
5. Foley, W. Dennis. Color doppler flow imaging. Boston: Andover Medical Publishers, 1991.
6. Gray, Henry, Susan Standring, Harold Ellis, and B. K. B. Berkovitz. Gray’s anatomy: the anatomical basis of clinical practice.. 40th ed. Edinburgh: Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, 2009.
7. Hennerici, M., and Doris Heusler. Vascular diagnosis with ultrasound: clinical reference with case studies. 2nd rev. ed. Stuttgart: Thieme, 2005.
8. Kremkau, Frederick W., and Flemming Forsberg. Sonography principles and instruments. 8th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Elsevier/Saunders, 2011.
9. Miele, Frank R.. Ultrasound physics & instrumentation. 4th ed. Forney, TX: Miele Enterprises, 2006.
10. Netter, Frank H., and Carlos A. G. Machado. Netter’s atlas of the human body. Hauppauge, N.Y.: Barron’s, 2006.
11. Rumwell, Claudia, and Michalene McPharlin. Vascular technology: an illustrated review. 4th ed. Pasadena, Calif.: Davies Pub., 2009.
12. Thrush, Abigail, and Timothy Hartshorne. Vascular ultrasound: how, why, and when. 3rd ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2010.
13. Zierler, R. Eugene. Standness’s duplex scanning in vascular disorders. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
14. Zwiebel, William J., and John S. Pellerito. Introduction to vascular ultrasonography. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders, 2005.