- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Cardiovascular TECH II, RCIS, Full Time
Lutheran Medical Center
Wheat Ridge - Denver, CO
Please apply at www.sclhs.net/careers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients. Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
• Wheat Ridge, CO (estab.1905)
• Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
o 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
o 338 beds
Services & Expertise: 5-Star Birthing Center, Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited), Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Heart & Neurovascular, Orthopedics, Primary Stroke Center, Chest Pain Level 4 Certification ,Robotic Surgery, Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery, Sleep Center, Spine Center, Women & Family Center. Visit: www.exemplalutheran.org
• (2015) The ANCC awarded Pathway to Excellence® designation to Lutheran for its positive nursing practice environment.
• (2015) Healthgrades for the fourth year in a row recognized LMC as being among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance in January 2015.
• (2014)The Joint Commission recognized Lutheran as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, and surgical care.
• Chest Pain Center, Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (accredited 2014)
• Named to Top 100 Hospitals seven times by Thomson Healthcare (Solucient)
• Anthem Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care® Designation Center of Excellence
Welcome to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Lutheran Heart and Neurovascular Center. The Cath Lab has four state-of-the-art procedure rooms for performing numerous heart and vessel imaging studies and treatments. Our diagnostic and interventional Cath Lab houses 4 rooms: 2 GE Labs, 1 2015 upgraded GE Biplane, plus a new Phillips XPER FD 20 x ray. We perform Cardiac Catheterization, Pacemaker insertions and revisions, Peripherals, Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations, Neuro angiograms and interventions. Approximately 1,600 procedures are performed each year. We use MacLab for reporting, Volcano, (IVUS and FFR) and ACIST power injectors.
The CV Tech prepares, operates and maintains all equipment used in hemodynamic, angiographic and electrophysiologic catheterization procedures and permanent pacemaker implantation to assist Cardiologists in the diagnosis and treatment of patients suspected of suffering from heart disease.
• Prepares for procedures by setting up supplies, a cardiac defibrillator, and by calibrating pressure gauges.
• Sets up and operates recording and imaging equipment as required including a 16-channel hemodynamic records, 35mm cinema camera film magazines, an associated X-ray system with TV monitors, various videotape recorders and a digital imaging system.
• Prepares patient by attaching ECG electrodes, answering questions and preparing skin for catheter insertion using sterile procedures.
• Develops film taken during cine-angio portion of catheterization procedures by mixing developer and other chemicals used according to specifications and by operating film processor to provide diagnostic data.
• Assists with electrophysiologic studies by setting up complicated lead field systems and stimuli leads, connecting them to a electrophysiologic recorder so intracardiac electrical phenomena may be studied.
• Provides technical support to physicians in all catheterization procedures as part of the Cath Lab team.
• Monitors patient's electrogram for abnormal ECG's. Records and monitors blood pressures received through catheters, and monitors patient's well-being during procedures. Alerts physician of abnormal conditions.
• Instructs cardiology, fellow nurses, residents and medical students in the proper operation of equipment and procedures used in the Catheterization Laboratory.
• Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
This is a 40 hour/week position, 4-10 hour shifts.
Lab hours are 7:30am-5:30pm Mon-Fri
Call time is required - call starts at 5:30 pm to7:00 am.
There is approx. 11-13 call shifts/month and 1-2 full weekends Fri, Sat, Sun depending on staffing.
A pager would be assigned for call shifts.
All staff must live within 30 minutes of the hospital for call duties.
• Diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in radiologic technology, or cardio vascular technology from a certified educational program
• Two (2) years of related experience in a catheterization laboratory, cardiology non-invasive laboratory or other cardiopulmonary area, preferred
• National license as a Registered Radiologic Technologist or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Cardiovascular Cardiopulmonary Technologist / Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CI registry), required
• Basic and Advanced Life Support Certification, required by the American Heart Association
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
Interested individuals should contact Jennifer Sutton, Recruiter, SCL Health at email@example.com or 720-588-2145